Last Updated 6 April 2018
Thank you for visiting our website.
Our website is managed by Foot Locker Hong Kong Ltd. (referred to as “Foot Locker” ,"we," "us," or "our" herein). Foot Locker (which is a subsidiary of Foot Locker Inc.,) is incorporated under Hong Kong Law law and registered at the Trade Register of Hong Kong under the registration Number 2673009. The Foot Locker website ("site") is a website, based in the Netherlands and we have taken all necessary steps to comply with the requirements of the Dutch and European Data Protection Legislation as well as the the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Foot Locker believes in protecting your information. With this in mind, we have adopted this Privacy Statement, which describes the information we may collect when you visit our sites (each a "site"), sign up for a brand loyalty membership (each a "Loyalty Program"), use our mobile applications (each an "App"), shop in our stores (each a "Store") or sign up for an event (each an “Event”) (collectively the "Services"). By using the Services, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement except where your express consent is required by law. If you do not agree, please do not use the Services.
- Information Collection.
- Information Use.
- Information Disclosure.
- Basis and Retention Period.
- Updating, Access or Deletion of Your Data.
- Changes to Our Privacy Statement.
- Newsletter: Opt-In, Option to Unsubscribe.
- Children's Privacy.
- Security of Information.
- Questions/Contacting Us.
- Links to Other Sites.
- Data Transfers.
- Sharing Data with Payment Vendors.
- Competitions, Contests and Prize Draws.
- Customer Satisfaction Program
1. Information Collection
- Information You Provide to Us. We only collect certain information from you when you provide it to us, such as when you: (1) register online or in one of our stores; (2) place an order; (3) complete a survey or product review; (4) participate in one of our promotions; (5) sign up for a Loyalty Program; or (6) contact us. The information we collect from you may include your name, age, postal mailing address, day time telephone number, cell phone number, email address, account user name and password, and payment information. The provision of your information is voluntary – however if you do not provide us with your information, we have not be able to provide some or all of our Services to you and/or respond to your requests. If you use a third party login to register or otherwise link to us, we may receive certain information about you from the third party (such as a social network) based on your registration and privacy settings on that third party service.
- Registration. We encourage you to register when shopping on our site or App; however registration is not required. Our Registration Form requires users to provide contact information (such as name, age, postal mailing address, daytime telephone number, cell phone number, email address and password). You must be 18 years of age or older to register or have consent of a parent or legal guardian. Registration helps us to provide you with a quick and simple checkout experience. You can also register when you are shopping in our store. The customer contact information you provide will be used to contact you concerning the status of an order, send you a digital receipt from your in-store purchase, answer your questions and, in case you choose to opt-in, to send you communications about upcoming sales, contests, promotions and product information. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password. You are responsible for all use of the site or App under your registered account. If you would like, you can also fill out a customer profile. While it is not required, information obtained from the customer profile questions helps us to learn more about our customers and is used to improve your shopping experience and to provide you with more relevant content and advertising.
- Tracking Options. You may adjust your browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of our offerings. Even without a cookie, you can still take advantage of most of the features of our site, including making a purchase, but we will not be able to recognize you as a registered user unless you log in.
- Service Providers. We may use certain service providers to provide you with more relevant online advertising based on your activities on our site and third party sites. Foot Locker will not (and will not allow any third party to) use these services to track or collect or otherwise process any personal data of Internet users. For certain service providers, such as social media platforms, and on your mobile device, you can adjust your privacy and advertising settings to limit your tracking for advertising or control whether you receive more relevant advertising.
- Information Collected From Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks that you use to connect with us. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
- Combination of Information. We may also combine the information we receive from and about you, including the information you provide to us on one of the Services, information we receive from third parties, information we automatically collect (as explained above), and information provided or collected offline when you shop in our Stores.
We will not identify users or facilitate the merging of personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature unless we have your explicit notice and your prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that identification or merger. Irrespective of your consent, we will not attempt to disaggregate data that Google reports in aggregate.
We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about site users with third parties.
2. Information Use
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with a quick and simple checkout experience;
- To process your orders, contact you concerning the status of an order, answer any of your questions, or otherwise contact and communicate with you;
- With your consent if required by law, to provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Service, other sites or via text message, and to contact you about upcoming Foot Locker sales, promotions, and product information;
- To allow you to participate in promotions;
- To help us learn more about our site visitors, App users, Loyalty Program members, and customers and to improve their shopping experience and our business;
- To address problems with the Service, our business or our products and services and to protect the security of the site and our business;
- With your consent if required by law, to contact you about upcoming promotions and offers on behalf of our partners;
- To send digital receipts when purchasing in our store; and
- Otherwise, as described to you at the point of collection.
3. Information Disclosure
We may disclose the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- Amongst any of the domestic and international affiliates of Foot Locker that delivers shared services to us;
- To our service providers that provide logistic services, software or hosting services, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us;
- For payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, site evaluation and data analysis, and distributing marketing and promotional material;
- To comply with the law, to respond to governmental inquiries or requests, to enforce our policies, or to protect our or other parties rights, property, or safety; and
- Otherwise, with your consent.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily upload or submit for public posting to the Service becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. It is a violation of the Service's Terms & Conditions for you to post any content that requests personally identifiable information from others on the Service.
4. Basis and Retention Period
Consent: Many of the information processed by us will be based on you by submitting your personal data to us and give us consent for using the data as described in this policy. In case the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can at any time revoke your consent and we will delete data processed by us, unless there is another basis to keep your personal data as described below.
Execution of a contract: In case you place an eCommerce order on our site or Sneakerfinder order in our store, we will use your name and address data for the execution of the purchase contract. Data will be deleted when the contract is executed, and there is no need to keep the data for statutory or tax requirements, unless you have specifically given consent to save your data and have not yet revoked such consent, as through a registered account.
Compliance with statutory and tax regulations: To comply with statutory and tax regulations, we will need to save certain personal data categories, for the retention periods as described by law.
5. Updating, Access or Deletion of Your Data.
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating the personal information you provide to us. In case you have a personal account, you can modify or delete information previously provided by you, please go to the [Footlocker.eu site], log into your profile, and update your information using the options provided. You may also send a notice to us to request an overview of which data is collected by us, which will be provided by us in a structured, commonly used machine readable format within a reasonable term as of receipt of your request. You may always request to update, correct or delete some or all data on you. If you elect to delete some or all of your personal information, keep in mind that we may retain transactional data in accordance with various laws, regulations and our Company's retention policy. You may also submit a data access/correction request to our Data Protection Officer whose details are provided below.
6. Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share your personal information, we will notify you by sending you an email at the last email address that you provided us, and/or by posting notice of the changes on the site or App, and/or by taking any further action required by law. Any material changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our transmittal of an email notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of the notice of changes, unless your express consent is required by law.
7. Newsletter: Opt-In and Option to Unsubscribe
For subscribing to our newsletter, you need to explicitly consent at all times, if you have opted in for receiving future email marketing updates, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe link” in the emails you receive from us. You can also send an email with "unsubscribe from newsletter" in the subject line at email@example.com. Even if you unsubscribe you may continue to receive non-marketing email messages from us, including, for example, order confirmations and any correspondence regarding your earlier purchase.
8. Children's Privacy
Foot Locker is concerned about the safety of children when they use the internet. We do not direct the site or App to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of eighteen. We believe that children should get their parent's consent before giving out personal information. If you have not yet reached the age of 18 years, your parents will have to consent to submit personal information to us, including to register or place an order on the site or App or participate in one of our online promotions and/or you placing an order. If you are concerned about your child's use of Footlocker.eu, we encourage you to use web-filtering technology to supervise your child's access to the site.Please see our Terms & Conditions for additional information regarding the use of this Service.
9. Security of Information
Foot Locker has implemented the appropriate physical, administrative, and technical security measures to protect against unlawful access, loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide. When we collect data through the site, we encrypt your personal information, including your credit card number, when transmitting over the Internet using encryption technology Secure Socket Layer (SSL) coding, to safeguard your Internet transactions. You are strongly recommended not to send full credit or debit card details in unencrypted electronic communications with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
10. Questions/Contacting Us
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or our data handling practices you may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
Foot Locker Hong Kong Ltd.
Unit 1001, 10/F., Infinitus Plaza,
199 Des Voeux Road Central
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Posting Comments on our site
On our site we offer you the opportunity to post comments about individual articles. For this purpose, the IP address of the user/internet connection subscriber is stored. This information is stored for our security in the event the author through his/her comments infringes against third party rights and/or unlawful content is entered. Consequently, we have a direct interest in the author’s stored data, particularly since we may be potentially liable for such violations. No data is transferred to third parties. Nor is any of this information matched to any information that may be collected by other components of our site.
11. Links to Other Sites
This Service contains links to other sites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites or apps. Accordingly, we recommend that you review the Privacy Statement posted on any site or app that you access through this Service. The terms and conditions herein do not apply to any such linked sites or apps. Foot Locker does not endorse any linked sites or apps, or the information, materials, products or services that are contained in or accessible through such linked sites or apps. Foot Locker disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information, materials, products and services that are contained in or accessible through linked sites or apps, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
You acknowledge and agree that Foot Locker is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, privacy practices, security or any other aspects of any such linked sites or apps, and that the access or use of any such linked sites or apps is solely at your own risk, and you hereby waive any and all claims against Foot Locker with respect to such linked sites or apps.
12. Data Transfers
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through our Services to countries other than the country in which the information was collected, amongst others to our affiliates and vendors in Singapore, Australia, The Netherlands and the United States. We take steps to ensure that the data collected under this Privacy Statement is processed according to the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and, in transferring data, that the information is protected as described herein.
In case of fraud, confirmed by cardholder and or credit card issuing company, we will communicate your personal data to investigative, criminal or judicial authorities for fraud prevention, investigation and prosecution purposes. This in any case includes the transfer to the specialized eCommerce prevention department of Europol.
The following cookies are used on our site:
- Session ID
In order to facilitate browsing through our site, we use a so-called session ID (or session identifier in full), which is allocated to each user at the beginning of each visit to our site. This session ID enables our server to identify you and/or your computer/browser as the same visitor, even if the IP address may have changed in the meantime. Based on this session ID, several associated inquiries made by a user can be allocated to one session. The session ID cookie used by us will only be valid until the end of a session. It will be deleted automatically upon closing your browser.
- Google Analytics
This site collects and stores data for marketing and optimisation purposes using cookies-based technologies from Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA (Hereafter: “Google”). From this data, user profiles can be created under a pseudonym. Cookies allow recognition of the web browser you use. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our site, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there. We use Google Analytics with an IP anonymization feature on our site. In doing so, Google abbreviates and thereby anonymizes your IP address before transferring it from member states of the European Union or signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The data collected with Google Analytics technologies will not be used without the explicit consent of the person concerned; it will not be used to personally identify visitors to this site and it will not be merged with personal data regarding the user of the pseudonym. Data collection and storage can be cancelled any time with effect for the future. In this case, a cookie will be stored on your computer which indicates to us for as long as it is stored on your computer that you do not want Google Analytics to be used. Please do not delete this cookie as long as you wish to maintain your objection.
- Google Maps with recommendation components
The Google Maps function also includes the following recommendation buttons: “Google+-Button” from the company Google. “Facebook-Button” from the company Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA and the “Twitter-Button” from the company Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. By calling up the “Google Maps” page, these “Recommendation components” cause the browser you are using to download a corresponding display of the component from the respective provider. In this way, the respective provider mentioned above will be informed about which specific page of our internet site you are currently visiting. If you are logged in to your personal account at the provider previously mentioned at the time of calling up the “Google Maps” page, this will be able to collect the information obtained about the sites recommended by you as well as your IP address and other browser relevant information and link it to your respective account. If you want to prevent this transmission and storage of data by the respective provider about you and your behaviour on our site, you must log out of those providers before you visit our site. You can find out more about the data collection of the respective providers in their privacy policies online
- Use of Google-Adwords
- Use of Google AdSense
Our site employs Google AdSense. Google AdSense is a service of Google for incorporating advertisements. Google-AdSense uses so-called “cookies“, text files, that are stored to your computer and which provide analysis of the use of our site. furthermore, Google AdSense uses so-called “web beacons“. Web beacons allow Google to analyze information, such as visitor traffic to our site. This information, along with your IP address and the ad format displayed, is transmitted to Google in the US where it is stored and may be transferred by Google to contracting partners. However, Google does not merge your IP-address with other stored data on you. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our site. By using our site you declare that you agree to the processing of data collected about you by Google in the manner previously described and for the purposes there specified.
- The use of Google Remarketing
Use of affilinet tracking cookies. Our site employs affilinet tracking cookies in order to correctly record sales and/or leads. Cookies are small text files that are saved to your computer when you visit a site. These affilinet tracking cookies do not store personal data of any kind. Instead, it only collects the identification number of the intermediary partner as well as the reference number of the advertising material that was clicked on by the visitor to the site. This information is required in order to process the payment transaction between the site operator and the advertiser. The partner identification number serves to designate the intermediary partner to which a commission is to be paid once a transaction has been concluded. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our site.
- Online advertising / third-party cookies
Some of the cookies on our site are used by our co-operation partners for the purposes of online marketing (so-called third-party cookies). Here is some more information:?When you visit our site for the first time, specific cookies from our advertising partners are stored on your computer and used by our co-operation partners for switching, optimisation and evaluation of online advertising. These cookies collect information such as the products you view on our site. Advertisements of our deals can subsequently be switched on sites of partners of the advertising networks of our cooperation partners (so-called usage-based advertising). When ads appear on other sites, information about your visit to this site where we have an advertisement – such as how many times you have viewed an ad – will be collected and passed on to us. However, no personal data are generated or forwarded. You can therefore not be identified personally on the basis of this information.
On our site, we use so-called plug-ins of various social networks. Here is more information on the plug-ins we use:
- Facebook Social Plug-ins
Our site uses programmes (plug-ins) from the social network Facebook. These are operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (Facebook). The Facebook plugins are identifiable by the Facebook logo or the "Like" or "Share" buttons on our site. When you visit a page on our site, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook server using the plugin. Thus, Facebook receives information about which IP address you used when accessing our site. Since this transfer takes place directly, we do not receive any knowledge of the transmitted data. If you are logged into your personal user account with Facebook when visiting our site, Facebook can associate the visit with your Facebook account and thereby relate it to you personally. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on the "Like" button or leaving a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted from your browser directly to Facebook and stored there. For information about the purpose and scope of data collection by Facebook, further processing and use of the data by Facebook, as well as your rights in this respect and setting options for protecting your privacy, please refer to the Facebook data protection information regulations. If you do not wish Facebook to assign your visit to our site to your Facebook user account, please log out from your Facebook account before you visit our site.
- Google+ Social Plug-ins
The "+1" button of the social network "Google+", operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”) is embedded on our site. The button is identifiable by the "+1" symbol on a white or coloured background. If you visit a page from our site that contains such a button, your browser will establish a direct connection with the Google servers. The content of the "+1" button is transmitted directly to your browser by Google and is embedded in the site by it. For information about the purpose and scope of data collection, further processing and use of data by Google, as well as your rights in this respect and setting options for protecting your privacy, please refer to Google's data protection information regarding the "+1" button. If you are a member of "Google+" and do not want Google to associate the data collected via our site with your member data stored by Google, you must log out of "Google+" before visiting our site.
- YouTube components with enhanced data protection mode
On our site we use components (videos) of YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA, a company belonging to Google. To this end, we use the “ - enhanced data protection mode - ” option provided by YouTube.
- Use of Vimeo components
- Use of Slideshare
15. Sharing data with Payment vendors
- Use of Paypal Payment services
If, while completing your order, you decide to use PayPal as an online payment service, your contact details will be sent to PayPal during the order process. PayPal is a service from PayPal (Europe) S.à.rl & Cie. SCA, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg. PayPal assumes the function of an online payment service and trustee, and offers buyer protection services. The personal data transmitted to PayPal usually includes your first name, last name, address, telephone number, IP address, email address, or other data required to process your order, such as the quantity of articles ordered, the article number, invoice amount, percentage taxes and invoice details, etc. This information needs to be transferred to process your order using your chosen payment method, mainly in order to confirm your identity and manage your payment and the customer relationship. Please note the following however: PayPal may also pass on your personal data to subcontractors or other affiliates, to the extent necessary for fulfilling the contractual obligations arising from your order or for processing personal data in your order.
- Using Sofort (Direct Transfer) as a payment method
If, while completing your order, you decide to use Sofort as an online payment service, your contact details will be sent to Direct Transfer during the order process. Direct Transfer is a service from SOFORT GmbH, Theresienhöhe 12, 80339 Munich, Germany. Sofort takes over the function of an online payment service provider, and allows you to make cashless payments for products and services over the Internet.
The personally identifiable information sent when you make a Direct Transfer usually comprises your first name, last name, address, telephone number, IP address, email address, or other data required for processing your order, including the number of articles ordered, the article number, the invoice amount, percentage taxes and invoice details etc.
This information needs to be transferred to process your order using your chosen payment method, mainly in order to confirm your identity and manage your payment and the customer relationship.
Please note the following however: Sofort may also pass on your personal data to subcontractors or other affiliates, to the extent necessary for fulfilling the contractual obligations arising from your order or for processing the personal data in your order.
In some circumstances, Sofort may transfer to credit agencies the personal data which has been transferred to Sofort. The information transferred serves to identify you and to verify your creditworthiness with regard to the order you have placed.
If you have any further questions regarding the use of your personal data, please contact Sofor by email (email@example.com) or in writing (SOFORT GmbH, Datenschutz, Theresienhöhe 12, 80339 Munich, Germany).
16. Competitions, Contests and Prize Draws
For prize draws, with your consent if required by law we make use of your data for win notifications and for advertising our offers. More detailed information can be found in the terms of participation for the respective prize-winning game.
17. Customer Satisfaction Program
When you shop in our store you have the possibility to participate in our customer feedback and research program.
We also use your data for market research and opinion polling. The data collected in the context of market research and opinion polling is not used by us for advertising purposes. More detailed information (especially on the evaluation of your disclosures) can be found in the context of the respective poll, or at the location in which you make your disclosures. Your answers to opinion polls are neither passed on to third parties nor are they published. You can object to the use of data for market research and opinion polling purposes at any time, whether as a whole or regarding individual measures, without any costs being thereby incurred, other than the transmission costs in keeping with the basic tariffs. Notification in text form sent by one of the contact options provided in this Privacy Statement (e.g. email, fax, letter etc) is sufficient for this purpose. There is, of course, also a cancellation link available with every opinion-poll email.
Copyright Notice © 2018 Foot Locker Europe.com BV. All rights reserved.